Dr. Sena Dei-Tutu is lecturer in the University of Ghana School of Law. She is an accomplished lawyer and has over twenty years of experience working on rule of law, governance and security sector issues in the West African sub region.
After completion of her education, Dr. Dei-Tutu worked with the United Nations Mission in Liberia for eight years, as the head of the Legal Education and Training Unit, where she served as a lead trainer in the Rule of Law Division of the Mission on all Justice and Rule of Law Issues. In 2015, she returned to Ghana to work as a Lecturer at the University of Ghana School of Law.
Between January 2019 and January 2020, Dr. Dei-Tutu worked as the Senior Rule of Law Expert with the African Union Technical Support Team to the Gambia.
- Course on Security Sector Reform and Conflict Resolution- Austrian Study Centre for Peace and Conflict Resolution
- Course on Security Sector Reform for Practitioners- Folke Bernadotte Institute Sweden
- Doctor of Juridical Science- Washington University School of Law
- LLM (Public International Law, Foreign Direct Investment and International Criminal
- Law)– Washington University School of Law
- QCL/BL - Ghana School of Law, Accra, Ghana
- LLB - University of Ghana School of Law, Accra, Ghana
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Gender and the Law
- Security Sector Reforms
- Rule of Law
- Data Protection
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL ORGANISATIONS
- Ghana Bar Association
- Member New York Bar Association
- International Federation of Women Lawyers
- INPROL (International Network to Promote the rule of law)