REGULATIONS GOVERNING THE LLB PROGRAMME
Promotion Requirements from Level 300 to 400
Requirements for Graduation (LLB)
POST FIRST DEGREE LL.B. ADMISSIONS 2020/2021
The University of Ghana School of Law invites applications for admission into its Post-First Degree LL.B. programme for the 2020/2021 academic year. (Applicants should note that the Post First Degree LLB Programme is an undergraduate programme).
The minimum entry qualification is a Second Class (Lower Division) Degree in any discipline from a recognised University (i.e. Universities recognised and/or accredited by the National Accreditation Board of Ghana).
Applicants must in addition provide or submit the following required documents and/or materials DIRECTLY to the School of Law before the given application deadline, namely: -
- One (1) copy of ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE authenticated by institution awarding degree;
- One (1) copy of ORIGINAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT;
- Three (3) Academic Referee reports;
- Please provide, in your own handwriting, a candid evaluation of yourself as a person, discussing in order of importance to you the personal characteristics you feel are your strengths and those you feel are your weaknesses. The written self-evaluation must be signed by you with your usual signature;
- Two (2) recent passport-sized (45mm x 35mm) colour photographs of yourself, with each bearing your full name as the same appears on all supporting documents and with your usual signature on the back thereof. The required colour photographs should be taken against a light coloured background; be clear and of good quality, and not framed or backed; they should be printed on normal photographic paper, and should show your full face and without sunglasses, hat or other head covering unless you wear this for cultural or religious reasons (but the face must not be covered).
- Application Confirmation Letter
Four (4) copies of the APPLICATION PACKAGE should be submitted to the School of Law before the given application deadline.
The DEADLINE for the submission of applications online and also for the submission of all of the above required and mentioned documents to the School of Law is 5. OOPM FRIDAY FEBRUARY 28TH 2020. Owing to high demand we regret that we are unable to consider incomplete and/or late applications.
N/B: Be sure, in your own interest, to put your full name as the same appears on all your supporting documents and to write your SERIAL NUMBER (as it appears on the e-voucher) on all the above documents before submission. The name of the programme being applied for should also be written on all documents. All documents should be in English. Documents not in English should be accompanied by accredited translations in English approved of by the National Accreditation Board of Ghana. Supporting Documents and/or Materials sent via post or courier mail service must be received by the proper officers of the School of Law by the end of the working day, 5.00PM or 17.00GMT on the deadline date for submission of applications which is FRIDAY FERUARY 28TH 2020.
Qualified short-listed applicants will be expected to take a selection examination which will attract a non-refundable examination fee of One Hundred and Eighty Ghana Cedis (GH¢ 180 .00) for both Ghanaian and International Applicants. The date for the Entrance Examination will be announced in due course. Applicants who pass the Entrance Examination will go through an admission interview process.
INTEGRITY OF APPLICATION:
The University of Ghana and its School of Law are committed to maintaining the integrity of all programmes. Please be aware that if you provide us with false, fraudulent, incomplete or misleading information your application runs the risk of being rejected or denied. Applications can only be formally considered when all required documents have been received no later than the notified closing deadline for submission of application forms (i.e. no later than 5:00 PM FRIDAY FEBRUARY 28TH 2020).